About the role
We have an exciting job opportunity for an experienced bicycle mechanic. Based at our Marrickville Service Centre we are looking for an expert mechanic who lives and breathes cycling, and bikes of all descriptions.
About the business
Tune Cycles is Australia’s largest & fastest growing mobile bicycle shop. We specialise in workplace servicing, bicycle events and mobile bicycle servicing.
We are a bicycle retail business & more. We are committed to providing a professional and friendly experience to both novice and experienced riders, ranging from family to professional riders.
We are committed to providing the absolute highest levels of customer service and understand that ALL customers are critical to the success of our business.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Servicing of all types of bicycle including:
- Road bikes
- Providing outstanding customer service at all times and educating/encouraging the customer to ride more.
- Being part of an engaging, personable team who share a love for all things cycling
- Advise customers of recommended service requirements, price estimates and best solution to their need
- Train, develop and share expertise with other team members.
Skills and experience
- Minimum of 2 years bicycle mechanic experience.
- Formal training in Rockshox, and Fox Suspension is an advantage, but not essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and time management
- A commitment to maintaining a clean and tidy workshop.
- Attention to detail and pride in work
- Strong computer skills including Mail, Calendar, Word, Excel, and Social Media
- Willingness to travel
Job benefits and perks
- Excellent pay rates commensurate with experience and full time hours
- 8 day fortnightly roster
- Future opportunity to run and own your own mobile servicing business
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge bicycle technology
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Travel for events
- Service all brands including Trek, Giant, Specialized, Cannondale, Merida, Yeti, Pivot and more
- Salary package between $60,000-$79,999
The application form will include these questions:
- How many years experience do you have as a mechanic?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. multi-day events)
- Are you licensed to drive a manual vehicle?