Mountain Biking Brand Manager
Who are we?
At FOX Factory Australia we are a subsidiary of FOX Factory (known as RIDEFOX) with an unrivalled collection of brands including FOX Suspension, Marzocchi Suspension, Raceface Components and Easton Components.
Operating out of Castle Hill NSW, FOX Factory Australia is the leading MTB Suspension brand in the Australian market with connections with all major Bicycle manufacturers and premier bike shops in the Australian market.
About the Role:
As the MTB Brand Manager, you will be joining a team of passionate professionals who strive to get the best results for the business. You will be responsible for FOX and Marzocchi brands focused on developing and implementing strategies that grow market share and increase market perception of these great brands!
This is an incredible opportunity to join a business in an exciting growth period within the Cycling Industry. You will be supported in your professional progression and will have the chance to mentor junior staff to grow the overall strength of the business. We will lean on your leadership as we drive and further grow the Australian market. Specially, you will be responsible for the following:
- Manage a portfolio of brands that target the high-end MTB market.
- In partnership with corporate Sales and Marketing teams, develop, implement and manage new business, marketing, pricing, and sales strategies for assigned markets.
- Partner and influence with the best MTB brands and stores in the Australian market, connecting with key target consumer groups through events and reach-out programs.
- Driving the end-to-end brand strategy partnering with the internal and external sales teams to understand the opportunities for the brands from market insights to execution of marketing campaigns.
- Partner closely with customers to help select the right mix of product offerings, further analyze sales trends and forecast, and provide support to appropriate sell-through strategies.
- Drive the innovation agenda for assigned portfolio of brands looking at other brands and industries to apply best-fit practices that will benefit the company through increased efficiency and higher turnover.
- Attend major cycling events and conferences in Australia and around the globe.
- Manage and control Advertising & Promotions expenditures.
- Responsible for product introductions to all current and prospective customers
- Propose, negotiate, and close pricing with each customer. Review and implement processes, procedures and systems to improve overall operating efficiencies
- Provide feedback on competitors and market conditions
- Engage, motivate, and provide training to sales and customer service teams
- What skills you will need:
- 5 years outside sales, customer service and/or marketing – bike industry preferred, suspension-specific a definite plus.
- Must have demonstrated customer confidence and credibility, including the ability to understand and interface with customers and senior leaders of the organization
- Demonstrated success in customer negotiations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must have the ability to give, receive, and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials, and articulate goals and action plans.
- Exceptional analytical, strategic, and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional project management skills
- Impeccable attention to detail, highly organized and able to self-motivate and work independently
- Proficient in conducting analysis, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their impacts.
- Strong organization and time management skills; ability to manage time effectively to achieve defined goals.
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel, Word and Outlook for use in creating forecasts and customer communication.
- Proficiencies with demand planning applications, ERP/ B2B systems are a definite asset.
- Demonstrated success in objectively identifying issues and coordinating resources to solve issues.
- Adaptable to change
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
FOX Factory Australia is committed to building a workplace culture that is fun and inclusive. We promote a great work/life balance with opportunities to take advantage of the amazing mountain biking that Australia provides through event participation.
To apply for the position, please click here to send your resume and a cover letter to George Nisbet.
At FOX Factory, one of our strongest values is to innovate continuously with a “never done” mindset, because good is never enough!