Work from Home Anywhere in Australia!
Would you like to join our small team by taking up this challenging and highly varied role?
We’re looking for a part time permanent employee, initially 12 hours per week, who is able to work from home.
We are a small family owned business based in Mt St Thomas NSW but doing business with clients across Australia and beyond. You could live anywhere in Australia to do this role, although our first preference would be in the Australian Eastern Time Zone.
You would be joining a friendly, experienced team of just three people, two of whom are part time. Your role is a new position, which will grow our team to four.
This role represents an opportunity to get in at the ground floor of our business that’s only just turned one year old, but is built upon the foundations of a similar business that we founded and developed for 25 years before successfully selling to a major media company. Therefore within our team we have a deep level of experience and relevant industry connections.
You would be helping manage three websites and their related social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube). We have focussed upon these three because they best fit our B2B focus and more senior audience demographic.
The sites are:
As you will see if you look at the sites, the first one relates to business coaching services and the other two are specialist B2B media sites relating to cycling and micromobility. We also offer some consulting and related services within our industry niche.
This position reports to our Administration Manger.
- Post articles to The Latz Report and Micromobility Report websites via the WordPress Editor page. (The articles are already written with photos selected.)
- Compile newsletters using MailPoet (a WordPress plug-in) and schedule to newsletters to be emailed to the appropriate mailing lists.
- Implement SEO strategies for all three websites.
- Post YouTube videos including uploading of blurbs, thumbnails etc
- Create extracts from YouTube videos, scripts, blogs, articles and other content to post on social media. Schedule these posts so that you can manage a month or more of future posts in a single day.
- Assist with the maintenance and updating of contact lists. Respond to messages or other client feedback where appropriate.
- Monitor and record all data in relation to website and social media visits, views etc and provide assistance to our Media Sales Manager in relation to data.
- Any other duties as directed.
- Proven expertise and experience in social media and website management.
- Proven expertise and experience using at least most of the relevant programs and platforms including but not limited to: Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, WordPress, Word, Zoom, Gmail etc.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Self-discipline to be consistently able to meet deadlines whilst working remotely.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly written and verbal.
Desirable but not essential
- An interest in and knowledge of one or more of the following: cycling, active transportation, liveable cities or related environmental fields.
- Experience in producing podcasts.
Conditions of Employment
You need to be set up to work from home (or anywhere else that suits you) with a quiet work space, reliable high speed internet connection, your own up to date computer with good sound and camera for Zoom calls and an up to date phone that you’re prepared to use to check how your posts look on a phone sized screen etc
You’ll initially work 12 hours per week. Your working hours can be tailored to fit in with school / family requirements. We are a family friendly employer. All of our team have children. If you have the potential to expand these hours either short term at peak periods or possibly an extra day as our business grows, that would be an advantage. At all times hours can be tailored to fit in with school hours or other personal preferences.
Ideal working days, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Of these, Thursday is a must due to deadline schedules and staff meetings, as this is the only day that all of our team work at the same time. The other day could be flexible, subject to negotiation.
You will be employed on a permanent part time employee basis, meaning you’re entitled to four weeks’ annual leave with leave loading, sick leave, public holidays, superannuation etc.
Hourly rate to be negotiated based upon experience and expertise starting at $25 per hour.
Potential for profit sharing after a qualifying period.
Three month initial probation period.
Your Next Steps
If you are interested in applying, then please send both your resumé and an application specifically written for this position that demonstrates how you meet each of the Selection Criteria listed above.
Please specifically address each of the Selection Criteria in the same order as they’re listed.
This is a test to see how well you can understand and follow instructions.
Please be aware that if you do not do this, your application will be rejected without being read.