Position Description, Selection Criteria and Conditions of Employment
Sydney Electric Bikes (SEB) is Sydney’s leading specialist ebike retailer, operating from multiple locations across Sydney.
In order to better serve the growing customer demand for repairs and servicing, SEB is setting up a brand new, spacious, street frontage workshop location in Wattle Street, Pyrmont. This will involve relocating and expanding the workshop that has previously been within the main Harris Street, Pyrmont store, which will now operate solely as a retail space.
This position reports to the Workshop Manager. As a Workshop Mechanic, your duties will include:
- Repairing and servicing a wide range of ebikes.
- Assembling new bikes.
- Accurately completing all documentation required by the Workshop Manager, such as time sheets, summaries of work done on each job, all parts that need to be ordered etc.
- Keeping your tools and work environment in a clean and efficient state.
- Communicating with customers about their repair jobs.
- Any other duties as directed by the Workshop Manger
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate that they have:
- A high degree of self-motivation evidenced by their ability to work with minimal supervision and to make proactive decisions.
- Experience in servicing and repairing ebikes or standard bikes to a high standard.
- Experience in dealing with customers and a strong desire to give consistent, excellent
- customer service.
Conditions of Employment
- Full time, permanent, salaried position.
- Three month probation period applies.
- Bonuses payable upon exceeding agreed KPI’s.
- Staff discount on bicycle and equipment purchases.
- Standard entitlements in relation to annual leave, sick leave, superannuation etc.
For further information please text us using the number shown below.