Blind Freddy Electric Bikes is a family-owned, independent bike shop located close to the city on the northside of Brisbane. We are an inclusive cycling shop and believe that ebikes will play a large part in the transition to a sustainable transport future. We sell and service commuter, recreational and trekking bikes, cargo bikes and customised cycling solutions to people with disabilities. We specialise in ebikes and are renowned for our technical support for a wide range of brands.
We aim to provide exceptional customer service and back this up with great technical expertise. Our business continues to grow and we are looking for an experienced bicycle workshop mechanic to take a technical leadership role in our team. We are looking for a passionate full-time (or part-time) experienced bike mechanic that can deliver in a fast-paced retail environment and can also provide mentoring and training to junior staff. The role requires someone who is keen to develop their knowledge in a diverse and inclusive bike shop.
Applications from those currently living south of the border encouraged!
Primary responsibilities include the assembly, servicing and repair to a large range of bicycles in a professional and timely manner and to agreed standards within a clean and organised workshop. To achieve this, the successful applicant must be able to demonstrate excellence in the required skills and have the potential to upskills to infill any gaps:
- Well-developed mechanical skills to build, service and repair a wide range of bicycles, with confidence and to quality standards, with consistency and to a high level of detail with at least 4-5 years workshop experience in a retail environment
- A broad knowledge of cycling options and their components and a passion for inclusive cycling and sustainable transport
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a diverse team
- Pro-active, punctual and presentable with a positive attitude and keen to make a difference
Technical experience which is a strong advantage:
- Experience with Bosch, Shimano Steps and Bafang mid-drive motors
- Knowledge of Shimano Nexus and Enviolo Nu Vinci internal gear hubs
- Familiarity with the installation and retrofitting of Gates belt drives
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to provide training and mentoring in a constructive and positive way to other staff including apprentices
- Competitive salary package commensurate with experience in a range between $65,000 and $75,000 depending on working arrangement and experience
- Diverse working environment with an equal opportunity employer
- Exposure to a wide range of bicycles and mobility solutions
- Support and encouragement to actively participate in community cycling and sustainable transport activities
- Flexible working arrangements located in a fantastic inner-city suburb directly positioned on one of the busiest bike commuting routes for the north Brisbane
To enquire about the position or enquire further, please click on the ‘Show Contact information’ button below.