A fantastic opportunity has arisen for you to join one of the longest established and most successful bicycle stores in Brisbane at a time when the bicycle industry in Australia is booming. The successful candidate will lead the sales team in the provision of a superior customer service experience, meeting sales targets and maintaining the physical presentation of the store. With a high degree of autonomy in the role you’ll work closely with other key staff in the continued development of the store into an industry leading professional retail outlet during a period of substantial growth in both conventional and E-bike sales. Over many years Epic Cycles has developed a strong reputation for expert knowledge and advice. It’s expected that the successful candidate would continue that tradition.
Bicycle retail is not your standard retail experience. It’s a very positive and personal engagement with a community of cycling enthusiasts. When done well it’s an opportunity to have a positive influence on people’s lives by assisting them to make healthy and sustainable purchasing decisions – bike purchases are feel-good purchases. By joining Epic Cycles you’ll not only be leading a team of like-minded colleagues, you’ll be joining a whole community of positive, motivated people from suppliers to customers, many of whom will become your friends.
Epic Cycles core values revolve around honesty, integrity, sustainability, social responsibility and exceptional levels of customer service. We seek to provide a respectful, considerate and inclusive environment for our employees and customers. Our principal aim is the provision of a high standard of products and services that encourage and enable people to use bicycles for transport, recreation, competition and general health and fitness.
Epic Cycles is centrally located in Brisbane’s inner west with easy access from most suburbs by bicycle, train or bus.
If this sounds like your kind of place, please read on…
- Supervision of the Epic Cycles retail sales team to ensure sales and customer service standards are maintained at a highly professional level;
- The personal provision of outstanding customer service;
- Achievement of store sales targets;
- The maintenance of a high levels of store presentation, merchandising and general housekeeping to provide customers with a professional and pleasant retail experience;
- Working closely with relevant staff to ensure the efficient management of inventory, the maintenance of appropriate product ranges and the provision of a great customer service experience for workshop clients;
- Use and maintenance of store POS, special order, stock control, social media and ecommerce systems;
- Ensuring store compliance with the requirements of workplace health and safety, equal employment opportunity and anti-discrimination practices.
- Other duties as reasonably directed by store owners;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a self-directed manner with positivity and enthusiasm and to be able to think on your feet and use initiative in solving problems.
- Significant experience in a similar position preferably in a retail or other customer service based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to meet sales targets.
- Excellent sales, customer service and merchandising skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a positive attitude in dealing with colleagues, suppliers and customers.
- Honesty, integrity and trustworthiness and a commitment to working towards Epic Cycles’ core values including sustainability, social responsibility, cultural sensitivity and respect.
- The ability to work in Australia for an extended period.
- Experience in the use of retail and administration systems relevant to the operation of a bicycle store, including point of sale, ecommerce, social media, email & general office software.
- Being a current and active cyclist with a sound knowledge of bicycles and bicycle accessories and a passion for the promotion of cycling and bicycles for transport, recreation, competition and general health and fitness.
- Full time permanent position.
- At Epic Cycles, full time staff currently work 5 days over a 6 day trading week from Monday to Saturday with regular rostered Saturdays off.
- Superannuation, sick leave, annual leave, public holidays etc in accordance with National Employment Standards, Fair Work legislation and the relevant Award conditions.
- Remuneration will be dependent on experience and qualifications but the successful candidate can expect to be earning excess of $70kpa plus super & incentives.
If this all sounds like you, please send both your resume and a separate letter of application in which you address how you meet each of the selection criteria in the order that they appear above to email@example.com.