Zipp’s 303 Firecrest Tubeless Disc-brake wheelset is designed for the real world… a world of imperfect conditions, road surfaces, and elements where the bottom line is simple. Efficiency = speed.
It’s faster, 300 grams lighter than the previous model, and more capable over varied terrain—whether the surface is pavement in all its conditions or no pavement at all. Deeply rooted in Zipp’s drive to conquer the Spring Classics, the new 303 Firecrest is redesigned with a purpose-made approach for the demands of modern road bikes.
The 303 Firecrest’s precise rim layup results in greater all-around efficiency for greater speed through reduced: – Wind resistance – Rolling resistance – Gravity (weight + durability) – Vibration losses
Its rim is slightly more bulbous in design than its predecessor, with a 30mm outside width, a 25mm internal width, and a 40mm rim depth. The profile provides low drag and an improved transition between rim and tire, boosting aero efficiency on the road. The wide rim stance also features less tire deflection for reduced rolling resistance. The combination of the wider tire, increased tire volume, and lower tire pressure helps to reduce rider fatigue by smoothing out the ride over imperfect pavement and road conditions—the tire and wheel system absorbs the shaking, not the rider. At the center of the 303 Firecrest Tubeless Disc brake is a versatile and durable new hubset, the German-engineered ZR1 DB. The rear hub features 66 points of engagement for quicker response.
Zipp is distributed in Australia by Echelon Sports
Zipp 303 Firecrest Specifications
- RRP $3,349
- Rim construction : Carbon
- Tire compatibility :Clincher Tubeless Ready
- Brake compatibility : Disc (Center Lock)
- WHEELSET WEIGHT : 1,355gr
- Rim – inside width 25mm
- Rim profile : Symmetrical
- Rim finish : UD fiber, adhesive decals
- Nipple material : Aluminum
- Spoke type : Sapim CX-Sprint
- Spoke count : 24
- Spoke pattern : 2 Cross
- Driver body type : SRAM XDR, SRAM/Shimano Road
- Axle type (Wheels) :TA 12×100, TA 12×142
- Bearings : Cartridge – Stainless Steel
- Driver Mechanism : 6 Pawls Leaf Spring (66 Points of Engagement)