Sydney Electric Bikes
Position Description, Selection Criteria and Conditions of Employment
Sydney Electric Bikes (SEB) is Sydney’s leading specialist ebike retailer, operating from multiple locations across Sydney. In order to better serve the growing customer demand for repairs and servicing, SEB is setting up a brand new, spacious, street frontage workshop location in Wattle Street, Pyrmont.
This will involve relocating and expanding the workshop that has previously been within the main Harris Street, Pyrmont store, which will now operate solely as a retail space.
SEB’s new workshop represents a unique opportunity for a resourceful Workshop Manager to take responsibility over all aspects of running a busy, professional and profitable business component with a high degree of autonomy.
As Workshop Manager, your duties will include:
- Giving input into the workshop’s design and set up.
- Managing the workshop team, including setting their roster and work hours, allocating tasks and checking on the quality and efficiency of their work.
- Assisting with the recruitment, interviewing and hiring of new workshop team members as
- and when required.
- Liaising with customers: including checking in jobs, ensuring customer satisfaction and
- resolving any customer concerns.
- Ordering parts: including specific items required for repairs, consumables and replacement
- tools as required so that the workshop operates at maximum efficiency.
- Liaising with the Retail Store Manager to ensure that new bikes are assembled with the
- optimum timeliness and order to help them maximise retail sales.
- Keeping up to date with the latest ebike parts and product developments and ensuring that the workshop team also continuously update their knowledge and skills.
- Regularly reviewing and reporting upon the financial performance of the workshop against
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) set by the Managing Director.
- Assisting with hands on repair work.
- Any other duties as directed by the Managing Director.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate that they have:
- A high degree of self-motivation evidenced by their ability to work with minimal supervision and to make proactive decisions.
- Experience in servicing and repairing ebikes or standard bikes to a high standard.
- Experience in successfully managing a small team of workshop mechanics or other staff.
- Experience in dealing with customers and a strong desire to give consistent, excellent
- Strong financial and logistics management including: the ability to cost jobs and ensure that all work is fully charged for, attention to detail when ordering parts and supplies, the ability to manage workflows and optimise staffing levels.
Conditions of Employment
- Full time, permanent, salaried position.
- Three month probation period applies.
- Bonuses payable upon exceeding agreed KPI’s.
- Staff discount on bicycle and equipment purchases.
- Standard entitlements in relation to annual leave, sick leave, superannuation etc.
For further information please text 0411 897 760